Microsoft has started bugging the users of non genuine copies of Windows. If you are also running a non genuine or pirated copy of Windows then there is a full chance of you getting this notification one day or the other.
The problem was reported by one of our viewers that when she updated her copy of Windows with Windows Update then her system started showing this notification that reads “You may be a victim of software counterfeiting” and “This copy of windows does not pass genuine Windows validation”.
These notifications start coming back again after some time and do not feel good. Though I never encourage piracy but here is how you can remove this problem:
1. Before doing anything serious try restoring your system. If the problem is occurring after the Windows Update then System Restore will surely help.
2. But if it does not then do try this, launch Windows Task Manager.
3. Locate the process “wgatray.exe” and end it.
4. Log in into the Safe Mode and delete the file WgaTray.exe from c:\Windows\System32
5. Also delete the WgaTray.exe from c:\Windows\System32\dllcache
6. Type regedit in Run to open Registry Editor, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify key.
7. Delete the folder WgaLogon and all of its contents.
8. Restart the PC normally.
Download this WGA remover tool called RemoveWGA.exe, just download it and run. You can download from any link below and see which one works for you.
Link 1 Link 2 Link 3
For Windows 7